Thank you for taking the time to look at our website. We are a Federation of two Primary schools with a shared Governing Body, situated Burnt Oak. Education is the key to social mobility and it underpins what we do at both The Annunciation Catholic Infant School and The Annunciation Catholic Junior School. We have a varied, broad and balanced curriculum that is contextualised and reflects our local area and the community we serve. It is ambitious, challenging and caters to the needs of all learners.
Reading is given high priority across our curriculum. We believe that reading is a core skill which allows children to access learning across other areas. Our reading offer ensures that children firstly become fluent readers so they can find a love for reading and use it as a tool in life. Your child encounter reading opportunities across a range of lessons during their school day.
We promote independent and resilience in our pupils as we believe this is a life skill they will need. Our aim is for our pupils to become life long learners with a passion to find the answer to something they are unsure of. We never place a glass ceiling on what our pupils can achieve and firmly believe that we offer our children experiences and learning daily that they would not have had were they not to attend school that day.
Key Intent points:
- Promote positivity, resilience, well-being and self-esteem.
- Meet the needs of every child across the whole curriculum.
- Focus on the development of language and communication in every aspect of school life.
- Provide children with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed
- Provide a broad, ambitious, engaging and relevant curriculum.
- Rooted in Gospel values develop global citizens of the future
- Provide both a cumulative and spiral curriculum
- Children will be encouraged to be independent learners who can work in collaboration with others.
- The curriculum is ambitious, challenging and caters to the needs of all learners.
As a federation, both schools work in close partnership with one another, sharing expertise and resources, thus enabling us to provide the very best education for every pupil in our community.
Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more or if you wish to visit either school. We look forward to welcoming you soon.