For urgent Child Protection / Safeguarding advice:
Please call MASH on 020 8359 4066 or email email@example.com :
- the phone line is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays
- outside of these hours, please contact the Emergency Duty Team on 020 8359 2000
- Barnet Local Authority Officer (LADO) can be contacted via Barnet MASH Team 020 8359 4066
What is Safeguarding?
Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children's health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes.
Safeguarding children and child protection guidance and legislation applies to all children up to the age of 18.
What is Child Protection?
Child Protection is part of Safeguarding and promoting welfare. It refers to the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering, or are likely to suffer, significant harm.
Junior Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2021-2022
Infant School Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2021-2022
Staff Understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection
All staff must read and sign Part 1 of Keeping children Safe in Education 2021 and all staff receive a minimum or one safeguarding and child protection training session annually.
Additionally there is a rolling programme of professional development for child facing staff to address safeguarding themes throughout the academic year.
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021
Parents and Volunteers
All parents and Volunteers must have read and signed the Volunteer / Parent Agreement Form before they start a placement at
either The Annunciation Catholic Junior School or The Annunciation Catholic Infant School.
There is also an Agreement Form for Parents / Carers on School Trips in order to ensure certain procedures that must be adhered to for the safety and protection of children, parents and staff.